Skip to main content

Donate Blood ,Save a Life....



Blood donation – It’s just a normal thing where the syringe is injected and blood sucked in the 350 ml plastic bottle is what I thought until July 31 2011. I have donated the blood 3 to 4 times in my life till now, but the incident which I came across that day made me to keep my body in health condition extra 10%...When, me and my friends geeta,vani was selecting the gift for Aiswaraya farewell a call from unknown person beeped in my mobile. When I attended the call, a sorrow voice from the other side felt like something bad as happened somewhere. She was almost in tears and said that her mother is in serious condition and need platelets for the cancer cure treatment. I have no idea what that platelets transfer means. In no time I said I will be there in an hour. I have no idea when I donated the blood last time, but I am staying healthy my inner soul said... Thanks to www.indianblooddonor.com for having the list of blood donors online. Paid the gift bill and ignited the Geeta Hondo active scooter bike and rushed toward Marathahalli to get my Roomie bike Yamaha RX 135 to ride much faster...

Kicked , the ride started in the local town.. In surprise not much traffic that day.Thanked the god, reached the hospital after inquiring number of people.The family waited for me and some smile expressions peeped out from their faces. I said to them, I need to have my dinner before denoting. Went outside with X (name forgotten) and had nice dinner so that I will not get fainted in the hospital. There are n numbers of people waiting for blood donors in the hospital to help their family person. I realized the importance of blood, a life saved... Filled the form,Felt Happy that I am not affected by any viruses recently...A Happy news, a guy gone before me selected for the platelet donation. The whole family was so happy. I thought I might go but they said I can donate the blood, it will be helpful for others. Nurse tested the hemoglobin and blood pressure I am ready for the injection. This time its 450ml instead of 350 ml, i haven’t felt any difference in the body and donated.

When I came outside to have energy drinks,I saw a couple waiting for some test result which is very much urgent for her mother.The test result came and the guy blood has been selected. The girl was so happy, she called her relatives and her close friends to inform that blood platelet donor has been selected and the transfer process will be in an hour. A tear from her eyes a bit. After some time the nurse came and asked to fill the form for the confirmation of some formalities. The one careless thing happened is, the guy should have filled the form before blood test. The guy kept on ticking the answers and for a question he marked that he suffered jaundice two months back. The whole family happiness went off, the nurse rejected the guy from the donor list... So many people has been called for test, I don’t whether they got selected for the donation. I exited the hospital and drove the bike to home...

I thought “In donating blood also, luck should be involved”…

“There are so many people in this world who can donate the blood, but they are afraid of injection”... Donate it, a life saved. You will feel the happiness after donating.

“Take care of the health, increase the antibodies and the immune system”…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baralikaadu - A Bike Ride in Forest...

  How To reach Baralikaadu : Take Coimbatore - Mettupalayam Road.. After Crossing Kaaramadai Temple take first left...Go further for 10 Kms and take the route goes to velaiyagkaadu (Foot Hills of Baralikaadu)... Drive 30 - 35 Kms to reach Baralikaadu (Drive Slowly , Driving in Hill road faster is dangerous)... For Booking Boating and for other activities : Contact : Aandavar ( ஆண்டவர்) - + 91 9047051011    It’s Hard to recall when I spent my weekend day in home and sleeping 22 Hours a day, rest of time just watching TV and eating...A tough question for me to answer!!! .Traveling, that too bike trip excites me a lot…Its gives me some kind Happiness. New people, new environment, unexpected things and so on. Balirrikaadu trip was one of them...It’s the first time for me traveling inside forest area in bike... This place has been in plan for a long time and plan used to get screwed up for some reasons... At last the mission accomplished on 4 th June 2011, Sai one of my colleag

Travel Light - Pack Smart

I tend to stuff more in the luggage back while going to hometown, traveling for a casual trip or business trip to other country. At the end I end up in wasting too much of energy in carrying the luggage where most of the stuffs will not used in the trip. So I started to explore the ways to optimize the luggage space and the stuff needs to go in to the luggage back which avoids burden. Wherever I read for alternate options it’s said “Travel light”. By traveling light, we end in carrying stuff which really needed for the trip and saving the fuel of the vehicle too… “What if someone puts a heavy load on your back and ask you to carry , U waste huge amount of energy , need energy drinks to replenish the body strength (Water , energy drinks) ..Same applies for vehicle, putting too much weight in car decreases the fuel efficiency and end in filling too much of petrol which takes too much of money from your pocket. For instance, If everyone traveling onsite “Travel Light”, more fuel w

A Girl in Candle Light..

  Six months ago when I was walking from office to home via bomanahalli road Bangalore, I saw a girl studying using a candle light... When I asked her why she is stressing her eyes by studying in candle light , she replied tomorrow I have exam and my house haven’t got the power for the past 3 hours.I offered her my Back up torch light and headed towards home.while walking towards the bus top I was thinking what could be the reason for the shortage of electricity in Bang.Is it because of politicians or because of the people who doesn’t care about how worth the electricity is.There is beautiful statement which most of the philosophers says...”If you want to change the people around you or the world,first you need to change”, it’s a worth quote and I follow it often.. After reaching home, I said about the incident to my wife and she said hey purusaa (Husband) why don’t you list of out the things where we are consuming unwanted power daily so that we reduce it where ever