Skip to main content

Mekedaatu-Sangam trip : Drive with Red Elixir.


Distance: 90-100 Kms from Bangalore via route kanakapura.
Near by place: Chunchi Falls
Road condition: Average, Be careful while riding down the hill slope.
One day Trip: Yes

A year back, I and my friends had been to Makedatau and sangam river trip. That was one of the memorable trips as off now and nice place to visit for one day trip. The River and their flows between the mountains is classic. The clock ticked 5 AM. Prem was busy scripting Tamil poem for his friend. A call from sai, that they reached Marathahalli and waiting near multiplex. The day before the trip we borrowed Pulsar 150cc from palani for the trip as my bullet is not in good condition for long ride and no papers first for all. I, sai, prem and some more friends met near Innovative multiplex Marathahalli. Had a cup of tea and started the trip with a team snap. Weather was good and rode the bike faster to avoid the traffic.


We hit the Kanakapura road and the ride was smooth. Few lakes with Lotus plants were beautiful. After one hour of stretch drive, we gathered together in a local hotel to have breakfast. Food taste was great; all are in out of control... Bike ride shifted to me, Prem started clicking the snaps of the beautiful mountains and lakes on the way... In kanakapura, the road towards the second left was the way to the destination. The road condition was not that good, Average speed touched 50 kmph... Prem took the control of the bike after sometime by saying; he is not able to think of good lines for poems by sitting on the pillion seat... In doubt, I handed over the bike to him. Ride was smooth for 10 minutes, I removed my over coat as the weather was turning hot. All of the sudden, in S bend curve a path hole appeared. In Out of control we are throwed away from the bike after the front tire in contact with the hole.. We both are dragged away for some distance, in one hand my camera to avoid hitting in the road and the other hand prem shirt collar, holded tightly so that we are not dragged away further due to the weight of the body. No major injury for both of us, Scratch in the hand and a deep cut in my right leg elbow.


A snap to check, is the camera functioning well. Village people gathered in no time and a lady handed us water. Village people are well kind than city people... Sai and Friends coming by car stopped and took us to the hospital near by. We treated with first aid in Snehasharma health centre in doddalhalli. Sister said no need to worry. It’s just an outer wound. We don’t want to cancel the trip, reason being the injury... All back to normal, this time guna took over the damaged bike and we are in the car.. Time passed, Raja music soothed us for sometime. After a drive in the hill slope (Drive carefully. Road is too bad) we reached the destination, sangam river. Water level was bit high so we are not allowed to walk through the river to reach the other side.


Coracle drivers were waiting for us Parked the vehicle, Freshed up and boarded the coracle. The view was awesome; I can say it’s the best view of Cauvery I ever seen... We reached the other end, a bus waiting for the forest ride which reaches to the mekedaatu another beautiful place.


The ride started, we took over the place at the top of the bus.Not only us, most of the people came for the trip only few inside the bus. Jerk ride in the forest was good with the wounded leg and hand.Mekedaatu is a shinning rocky area, a slip in the rock will pull you inside the speedy river.Spent some time, trekked to an area where the waste can be tasted. Clicked some snaps, tasted the water and waited for the bus for the return journey. Same style,jerk and coracle ride. Fish roast, Egg for the lunch on the road side shops.
We checked with the local people is there any other place near by to visit.Chunchi falls on the way to the right side of the road. Bushes all over the way to the falls. A nap on the near by rocks of the falls was awesome. Gentle breeze…


Returned back and I took over the bike to check my stamina. I rode for a while and Hansraj took over the ride, another pulsar guy. Back to raja music,reached Bangalore and ready for the hospital care.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baralikaadu - A Bike Ride in Forest...

  How To reach Baralikaadu : Take Coimbatore - Mettupalayam Road.. After Crossing Kaaramadai Temple take first left...Go further for 10 Kms and take the route goes to velaiyagkaadu (Foot Hills of Baralikaadu)... Drive 30 - 35 Kms to reach Baralikaadu (Drive Slowly , Driving in Hill road faster is dangerous)... For Booking Boating and for other activities : Contact : Aandavar ( ஆண்டவர்) - + 91 9047051011    It’s Hard to recall when I spent my weekend day in home and sleeping 22 Hours a day, rest of time just watching TV and eating...A tough question for me to answer!!! .Traveling, that too bike trip excites me a lot…Its gives me some kind Happiness. New people, new environment, unexpected things and so on. Balirrikaadu trip was one of them...It’s the first time for me traveling inside forest area in bike... This place has been in plan for a long time and plan used to get screwed up for some reasons... At last the mission accomplished on 4 th June 2011, Sai one of my colleag

Travel Light - Pack Smart

I tend to stuff more in the luggage back while going to hometown, traveling for a casual trip or business trip to other country. At the end I end up in wasting too much of energy in carrying the luggage where most of the stuffs will not used in the trip. So I started to explore the ways to optimize the luggage space and the stuff needs to go in to the luggage back which avoids burden. Wherever I read for alternate options it’s said “Travel light”. By traveling light, we end in carrying stuff which really needed for the trip and saving the fuel of the vehicle too… “What if someone puts a heavy load on your back and ask you to carry , U waste huge amount of energy , need energy drinks to replenish the body strength (Water , energy drinks) ..Same applies for vehicle, putting too much weight in car decreases the fuel efficiency and end in filling too much of petrol which takes too much of money from your pocket. For instance, If everyone traveling onsite “Travel Light”, more fuel w

A Girl in Candle Light..

  Six months ago when I was walking from office to home via bomanahalli road Bangalore, I saw a girl studying using a candle light... When I asked her why she is stressing her eyes by studying in candle light , she replied tomorrow I have exam and my house haven’t got the power for the past 3 hours.I offered her my Back up torch light and headed towards home.while walking towards the bus top I was thinking what could be the reason for the shortage of electricity in Bang.Is it because of politicians or because of the people who doesn’t care about how worth the electricity is.There is beautiful statement which most of the philosophers says...”If you want to change the people around you or the world,first you need to change”, it’s a worth quote and I follow it often.. After reaching home, I said about the incident to my wife and she said hey purusaa (Husband) why don’t you list of out the things where we are consuming unwanted power daily so that we reduce it where ever