Skip to main content

Travel Light - Pack Smart



I tend to stuff more in the luggage back while going to hometown, traveling for a casual trip or business trip to other country. At the end I end up in wasting too much of energy in carrying the luggage where most of the stuffs will not used in the trip. So I started to explore the ways to optimize the luggage space and the stuff needs to go in to the luggage back which avoids burden. Wherever I read for alternate options it’s said “Travel light”. By traveling light, we end in carrying stuff which really needed for the trip and saving the fuel of the vehicle too… “What if someone puts a heavy load on your back and ask you to carry , U waste huge amount of energy , need energy drinks to replenish the body strength (Water , energy drinks) ..Same applies for vehicle, putting too much weight in car decreases the fuel efficiency and end in filling too much of petrol which takes too much of money from your pocket. For instance, If everyone traveling onsite “Travel Light”, more fuel will be saved and decreases the demand of fuel and decreases global warming too…

My Experiment on traveling light started 6 months back during my travel to home in Coimbatore... First I lined up the things which I want to carry, after lining up I sorted the things by importance and the usage… After Sorting for 30 minutes, I end up in reducing the stuffs by 50 -60%...Isn’t that great While sorting the thumb rule I had is

  1. For the sake of Travel light, don’t get 100% dependent upon someone else for the things to use by you.
  2. Take the things which will not available in your travel destination.
By keeping these two rules, I sorted out the things… initially it was difficult to adopt the travel light ideas as the day goes by I got used to it. Even when going to office I don’t stuff too much of things in laptop bag and when moving out of office I take the laptop only when necessary this way I don’t put too much load on my shoulders.

And when i go to my in law place or my home town , I keep a pair of shirts , Pants for buffer in the cub board so that next time while I go my luggage bag will be free from clothes by 50%...

This time while traveling to onsite for a business trip, tried out the “Travel Light” idea and looks its working good as I am not shortage of things which is needed daily and not dependent upon someone else for the stuffs to use. So this I did during my package time in India.

I listed out the things in to categories like Official, Personnel, Emergency kits, Photography kits and food items. Here the Most occupying space happens for your personnel things and for food, I haven’t got anything from India as I need to try different styles of food here… For Emergency kits I took only umbrella not even tablets as I am sure i will get some tablets here if needed. Let’s come to Personnel stuffs. Most of the time we stuffs we load the luggage with two much of clothes in which we won’t be using all of them in the trip so I made a decision that I am going to load only 4 sets of formal and 2 sets of casual as in US, dirt in the shirt collar and pant won’t happen easily.. By keeping so many things in mind, I packed up the things... The Bag allowance I was allowed to carry is 23KG but I end up in carrying only 11 KG by minimizing the things... So guys let travel light and avoid the burden.

Air France executive in the check in area asked me for check in baggage, I said this is the one “Ohh great, just 11 kg” for a 45 day travel !!!!

Comments

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really an interesting and useful article that is very important for those who enjoy outdoor hiking. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Government of India has launched electronic travel authorisation or eTA for India which allows citizens of 180 countries to travel to India without requiring a physical stamping on the passport. This new type of authorisation is called an eVisa India (or electronic India Visa). It is this electronic India Visa Online that allows foreign visitors to visit India for five major purposes, tourism / recreation / short term courses, business, medical visit or conferences. There are further number of sub-categories under each visa type.
    Visit for more info: india visa for canadian

    citizens

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is electronic Indian Visa (India e-Visa)?
    Government of India has launched electronic travel authorisation or eTA for India which allows citizens of 180 countries to travel to India without requiring a physical stamping on the passport. This new type of authorisation is called an eVisa India (or electronic India Visa). It is this electronic India Visa Online that allows foreign visitors to visit India for five major purposes, tourism / recreation short term courses, business, medical visit or conferences. There are further number of sub-categories under each visa type. All foreign travellers are required to hold an India eVisa (India Visa Online application process) or a regular/paper Visa prior to entry into the country as per Indian Government Immigration Authorities.
    for more info visit: For more info visit: 印度签证

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this great work… for this article and very informative article. Wish to travel Visit turkey best place Mardin’s Old City is easily toured by walking Turkey apply for online visa to Turkey through e Turkish visa online application. The US visa for Turkey visitors need to fill online e visa application upload documents & photos, make online payment. Pakistan is a world's 26th largest economy City is easily toured by walking.they need to visa for traveling to Pakistan and get Pakistan visa . The process is so simple Just go to online emergency visa to Pakistan visa application form and fill out the Pakistan visa Information requirements and UK all citizens traveling to Pakistan ,get the evisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great explanation in yours posts.. International travelers who wish to travel to Azerbaijan for tourism and business purpose need to apply for Azerbaijan electronic visa through e visa application.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you The international travelers traveling to Kenya need to check the kenya e-visa information online. However, the online visa application offers you the best, fastest online visa services. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely enjoy every little bit of it. This is a great website and good stock.I want to thank you. Apply Online emergency visa to India, Fill and online Submit Visa Application Form Securely via India visa website.


    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the post. It is really good... India restores 1 years tourist visas, You can apply online India 1 years tourist visas via India visas website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came here looking for advice and also found a forum that can help me do the same. Thanks. Many people ask, What is India e visa cost? India visa price depends on your nationality and your visa type. More info about visa you can check on our blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baralikaadu - A Bike Ride in Forest...

  How To reach Baralikaadu : Take Coimbatore - Mettupalayam Road.. After Crossing Kaaramadai Temple take first left...Go further for 10 Kms and take the route goes to velaiyagkaadu (Foot Hills of Baralikaadu)... Drive 30 - 35 Kms to reach Baralikaadu (Drive Slowly , Driving in Hill road faster is dangerous)... For Booking Boating and for other activities : Contact : Aandavar ( ஆண்டவர்) - + 91 9047051011    It’s Hard to recall when I spent my weekend day in home and sleeping 22 Hours a day, rest of time just watching TV and eating...A tough question for me to answer!!! .Traveling, that too bike trip excites me a lot…Its gives me some kind Happiness. New people, new environment, unexpected things and so on. Balirrikaadu trip was one of them...It’s the first time for me traveling inside forest area in bike... This place has been in plan for a long time and plan used to get screwed up for some reasons... At last the mission accomplished on 4 th June 2011, Sai one of my colleag

A Girl in Candle Light..

  Six months ago when I was walking from office to home via bomanahalli road Bangalore, I saw a girl studying using a candle light... When I asked her why she is stressing her eyes by studying in candle light , she replied tomorrow I have exam and my house haven’t got the power for the past 3 hours.I offered her my Back up torch light and headed towards home.while walking towards the bus top I was thinking what could be the reason for the shortage of electricity in Bang.Is it because of politicians or because of the people who doesn’t care about how worth the electricity is.There is beautiful statement which most of the philosophers says...”If you want to change the people around you or the world,first you need to change”, it’s a worth quote and I follow it often.. After reaching home, I said about the incident to my wife and she said hey purusaa (Husband) why don’t you list of out the things where we are consuming unwanted power daily so that we reduce it where ever