Skip to main content

Rasmalai -- Awesome Sweet... Vareh vaa



On a day when the milk turns like curd while boiling and feel upset, don’t t waste and don’t worry... Here is the tasty dish which you can prepare and make the day sweetful. Rasmali – The sweet which I have whenever I go to Arun Sweets in HSR BDA Complex Bangalore. The sweets will taste awesome and my mother likes very much than me...Yesterday was May Day and holiday for me, It has been long time i haven’t surprised my wife with my hand made sweet. So i challenged myself to prepare this sweet and gave to Hema... With great effort and learning i prepared. Next week, temple festival in my village and parents are eagerly waiting for me to prepare Rasmalai and hope I will not disappoint them... Let’s see now the recipe of it.Thanks Sarayu for the recipe

Preparation time  -- 45 minutes to an hour, I prepared 7 Rasmalai.

Ingredients: 1500 ML of Milk, Sugar 1 ½ cup, Kesar Powder – 2 pinch, Elakaa – 3 pieces, Almond & Cashew – 4 pieces each , Pista – 3 pieces , Lemon – 1 ..

Steps:
  1. Preparing panner using milk.
  2. Preparing Rasagulla
  3. Preparing flavored milk for Rasmalai.
Preparing Panner - I took the help of my wife to prepare panner as I don’t know I turn milk to something like curd.

  1. Take 750 ML of thick milk and boil in Medium flame.
  2. Cut lemon and add 3 to 5 drops of milk and make the milk to boil without stirring.
  3. When the Milk started to bubble, the nature of milk will change like curd.
  4. Maintain the Medium flame and strip for 15 minutes.
  5. The milk will be turned to Panner now with few contents of water.
Preparing Rasagulla
  1. Extract the panner completely from water through filtering process using a cotton cloth.
  2. Hang the Panner or keep in a plate for 15 minutes to dry.
  3. After 15 minutes , Roll the panner with Maida (this is to prevent panner from sticking in hand) and make it flat using the palm
  4. Dry it sometimes.
  5. In the meantime of drying process, take 3 cups of water, add 1 cup of sugar and boil in low flame. After the sugar mixed well with water increase the flame.
  6. When the water comes to boiling stage , medium the flame and drop the panner in to it one by one and make sure each paneer discs doesn’t touch . Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes
  7. After 15 minutes, Switch off the flame and let the rasagulla remain in Syrup for 45 minutes.
Preparing the flavored milk
  1. Boil 750 ML of milk in a low flame till the milk content decreases to 300 to 350 ML (Nearly Half).
  2. After it, add few pinch of Kesar and drop chopped Pista, almond and pista. Now you can see the color of the milk changes.
  3. Switch off the flame and add Rasagulla in to it.
  4. Let it too cool and after sometime (May be after 15 to 20 minutes) … Taste the Rasmalai
You need to be bit patience while preparing this dish... “ENJOY”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baralikaadu - A Bike Ride in Forest...

  How To reach Baralikaadu : Take Coimbatore - Mettupalayam Road.. After Crossing Kaaramadai Temple take first left...Go further for 10 Kms and take the route goes to velaiyagkaadu (Foot Hills of Baralikaadu)... Drive 30 - 35 Kms to reach Baralikaadu (Drive Slowly , Driving in Hill road faster is dangerous)... For Booking Boating and for other activities : Contact : Aandavar ( ஆண்டவர்) - + 91 9047051011    It’s Hard to recall when I spent my weekend day in home and sleeping 22 Hours a day, rest of time just watching TV and eating...A tough question for me to answer!!! .Traveling, that too bike trip excites me a lot…Its gives me some kind Happiness. New people, new environment, unexpected things and so on. Balirrikaadu trip was one of them...It’s the first time for me traveling inside forest area in bike... This place has been in plan for a long time and plan used to get screwed up for some reasons... At last the mission accomplished on 4 th June 2011, Sai one of my colleag

Travel Light - Pack Smart

I tend to stuff more in the luggage back while going to hometown, traveling for a casual trip or business trip to other country. At the end I end up in wasting too much of energy in carrying the luggage where most of the stuffs will not used in the trip. So I started to explore the ways to optimize the luggage space and the stuff needs to go in to the luggage back which avoids burden. Wherever I read for alternate options it’s said “Travel light”. By traveling light, we end in carrying stuff which really needed for the trip and saving the fuel of the vehicle too… “What if someone puts a heavy load on your back and ask you to carry , U waste huge amount of energy , need energy drinks to replenish the body strength (Water , energy drinks) ..Same applies for vehicle, putting too much weight in car decreases the fuel efficiency and end in filling too much of petrol which takes too much of money from your pocket. For instance, If everyone traveling onsite “Travel Light”, more fuel w

A Girl in Candle Light..

  Six months ago when I was walking from office to home via bomanahalli road Bangalore, I saw a girl studying using a candle light... When I asked her why she is stressing her eyes by studying in candle light , she replied tomorrow I have exam and my house haven’t got the power for the past 3 hours.I offered her my Back up torch light and headed towards home.while walking towards the bus top I was thinking what could be the reason for the shortage of electricity in Bang.Is it because of politicians or because of the people who doesn’t care about how worth the electricity is.There is beautiful statement which most of the philosophers says...”If you want to change the people around you or the world,first you need to change”, it’s a worth quote and I follow it often.. After reaching home, I said about the incident to my wife and she said hey purusaa (Husband) why don’t you list of out the things where we are consuming unwanted power daily so that we reduce it where ever