Skip to main content

Plant Sapling Drive on Environment Day.. "The Inner Happiness"...



 
 
From the day I born, I got so many things from nature like Water, Food and so on. But in return I haven’t done anything to conserve nature nor concentrated on any social activities. And then the thought of social awareness arise inside me few years back... If I need to change the person around me and get them in to social helping tendency, I should first change myself... I started to change (Helping people around me, Caring about the nature and mainly coming outside of comfort zone).

 In Keystone (The corporate where I work), with the support of few people we formed a Social Welfare committee... Initially the participation was less but as day goes by we got good support from peers... We organized few events which Includes helping the blinding people in Mitra jyothi, Segregation of wet waste and Dry waste, Suggestions from people were pinned in the notice board about the conservation of environment and the journey is Still going on … Apart from these events till date, the big event we had was Plant sapling events and it was great success. When I talked to raju the building owner to get the permission he was so surprised and said that his support will there for this good cause. The Work started as a part time.. Initially the plan was to get few big pots and planting few roses and decorative plants. Later I thought it would be good if the plants are planted in the ground, which not only increase the ground water level but also gives free space for plant roots to grow deeper.

Waseem, being the financier. Collected the money from peers, for bachelor’s 50 INR and married guys 100 INR... In day or two we had ample amount of money to get the plants... Building Owner took the responsibility of cleaning the space for planting and maintenance of the plants in future... Planting is not a big thing but maintenance is where the real pain is... if a plant dry up, the effort goes waste... 

 Just a day before the World environment day, Me with few peers (Waseem, Ramesh , Vinay , Ashish) gone to the nearby plant selling shop and started picking the one which looks attractive (Rose , jasmine , hibiscus and few more) , Medical Plant (Thulasi) and Rich Oxygen giving  plant (Neem). Plant shopping was done and took the plants to office through a cart. The next beautiful day arrived, my plan was to hand over the first sapling to a kid (The next generation)and asking him to plant it...Since the security guy son went to school, the plan changed and it was handed over to Ravi (One of the key person in keystone , the Founder)... He started to dig the ground and planted his first saplings and waterd it... I was able to see the leaves in the plant started smiling and waving their hands... Of course they too have life and breath... The event continued, everyone done their part... Instead of keyboard and mouse, in software engineer hand crowbar and gardening equipment was there... Pubic on the roads started to watch us and gave tips how to plant it...
 
Within 60 minutes, we are able to plant around 40 saplings. After the event, People Posed for photographs with their favorite plant and the event ended with heart filled happiness and we are back to work “The Systematic life”…

“The earth was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children’s”... Preserve and conserve it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baralikaadu - A Bike Ride in Forest...

  How To reach Baralikaadu : Take Coimbatore - Mettupalayam Road.. After Crossing Kaaramadai Temple take first left...Go further for 10 Kms and take the route goes to velaiyagkaadu (Foot Hills of Baralikaadu)... Drive 30 - 35 Kms to reach Baralikaadu (Drive Slowly , Driving in Hill road faster is dangerous)... For Booking Boating and for other activities : Contact : Aandavar ( ஆண்டவர்) - + 91 9047051011    It’s Hard to recall when I spent my weekend day in home and sleeping 22 Hours a day, rest of time just watching TV and eating...A tough question for me to answer!!! .Traveling, that too bike trip excites me a lot…Its gives me some kind Happiness. New people, new environment, unexpected things and so on. Balirrikaadu trip was one of them...It’s the first time for me traveling inside forest area in bike... This place has been in plan for a long time and plan used to get screwed up for some reasons... At last the mission accomplished on 4 th June 2011, Sai one of my colleag

Travel Light - Pack Smart

I tend to stuff more in the luggage back while going to hometown, traveling for a casual trip or business trip to other country. At the end I end up in wasting too much of energy in carrying the luggage where most of the stuffs will not used in the trip. So I started to explore the ways to optimize the luggage space and the stuff needs to go in to the luggage back which avoids burden. Wherever I read for alternate options it’s said “Travel light”. By traveling light, we end in carrying stuff which really needed for the trip and saving the fuel of the vehicle too… “What if someone puts a heavy load on your back and ask you to carry , U waste huge amount of energy , need energy drinks to replenish the body strength (Water , energy drinks) ..Same applies for vehicle, putting too much weight in car decreases the fuel efficiency and end in filling too much of petrol which takes too much of money from your pocket. For instance, If everyone traveling onsite “Travel Light”, more fuel w

A Girl in Candle Light..

  Six months ago when I was walking from office to home via bomanahalli road Bangalore, I saw a girl studying using a candle light... When I asked her why she is stressing her eyes by studying in candle light , she replied tomorrow I have exam and my house haven’t got the power for the past 3 hours.I offered her my Back up torch light and headed towards home.while walking towards the bus top I was thinking what could be the reason for the shortage of electricity in Bang.Is it because of politicians or because of the people who doesn’t care about how worth the electricity is.There is beautiful statement which most of the philosophers says...”If you want to change the people around you or the world,first you need to change”, it’s a worth quote and I follow it often.. After reaching home, I said about the incident to my wife and she said hey purusaa (Husband) why don’t you list of out the things where we are consuming unwanted power daily so that we reduce it where ever