Skip to main content

Celebration of my Son Naming Ceremony "How different it was"...



Life became more beautiful after my son birth on Sep 11th 2013, spent four days in hospital with wife and son. He looked very handsome and his skins were too soft, in the corner of heart I there is say he changed my generation color :)

On the fifth day, we planned to discharge from hospital and taking him to in law home...I am bit social conscious always and thought when my son step his first step in home I need to celebrate his arrival in different way... I and Karthik (Cousin Brother of my wife) after returning from cinema saw a pet shop where the rabbits, pigeon, sparrow and few are prisoned (Jailed) inside a cage. The birds are supposed to be flying freely in air and enjoying, due to human selfishness and to add beauty to balconies we are arresting them inside a cage... “How do you feel when you being house arrested for a year or two, don’t you go mad”... Idea clicked, purchased two pigeons for 500 INR and walked towards in law home... For a surprise to my wife and son, hided the pigeons inside my car... 
After my wife stepped out from car with baby, I stopped her and asked her to release the pigeons from cart, she and my son with gentle fingers touched it and released the pigeons... For a few minutes the pigeons don’t know where to go and afterwards it flew away happily in different directions...My family was in In-Law home for 2 months and came back to Coimbatore after naming ceremony...
 Naming ceremony was celebrated in Komarapalayam, a place near bhavani in tamilnadu... The initial plan was to celebrate the naming ceremony in a grand manner by booking a big hall and celebrating it but my heart doesn’t give a way to that plan. Instead of wasting money this way, why can’t I spend this money in a social way...? That’s where the idea of serving the food for orphan people came (thought came after watching the movie “aathalaal kadhal seiver”). 

Celebrated the naming ceremony in a nearby temple, my brother in law supposed to be the one who needs to tell the name of my son first time in my son ear, as he is in USA my son sat in father in law lap and I said the name of my son... “Beautiful moments”. Called brother in law through mobile as I don’t want anyone to take his position “Thaai Maamn” and asked him to tell the name, he said “Nidharshan”...After few rituals and four hours of travel, my son reached Coimbatore…
For the next few hours sat with my brother and discussed about my idea of serving the food to orphan kids and planting few trees in name of my son., There is a NGO “Nilal Mayam” where my brother is an active participant and used to go every Sunday early morning to serve food for street beggars, Orphan kids and to elder people who doesn’t get support from their kids anymore (Mudhiyoor illam).. Withdrawn the money from ATM and drove towards the home of the person who started the Nilal Mayam NGO. On the way, my brother said about his achievements and his attitude “Inspiring one”... I handed over the money to NGO chairman for the next day food expenses and discussed about the plan. Next day came, The initial plan was going to begger home and serving food to them, since it is a sensitive area and the place doesn’t look good I was asked to serve the food in three different places (Home for women , Orphan people in St.Mary church and for the kids in government school)..
While serving the food for these people I felt the importance of food...From that day I stopped wasting the food, if I am not able to eat the food completely either in hotel or home ,I parcel and give to the people who in need in food or feed stray dog...

I was 30 minutes delay to St.Mary church in Ganapathy, 30 minutes late to the place doesn’t looked big deal to me until I saw the kids waiting for food under a hot sun...Tears in my eyes, in one way I thought why should I support orphanages, increase in the orphanages making the people to do bad things and throw their kids in garbage or somewhere. On the other way, who is there to support them...? Kids stood in line and started praying for my son, “Lets the son of Shanmuga kumar & Hemalatha live long with good health”... After the prayer is done, I asked my father to start serving the food “For every son father is the role model” and after him I followed… 
Had conversation with the kids and moved to the next place “government school”… After so long, going to a government school, not maintained properly, bathrooms floor filled with water and untolerable smells... Now a days “People fantancy is on private school,then how government schools will improve” but for sure, government school teachers are well educated than private school teachers... Served the food to kids and I too had food with them...These kids have a good habit, before eating the food they are praying god and for the people who served the food...

The next plan was to plant the trees but not able to make it up as I had another plan in home but I am happy that, I did something worthful and close to my heart... There is a government park near my home , the next day I , brother and father planted trees in name of Nikshitha (Sister daughter) ,Nidharshan , Vinay (Brother in law son)… The trees started growing, inhaling the carbon dioxide and making the earth cool “The better place to live”...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baralikaadu - A Bike Ride in Forest...

  How To reach Baralikaadu : Take Coimbatore - Mettupalayam Road.. After Crossing Kaaramadai Temple take first left...Go further for 10 Kms and take the route goes to velaiyagkaadu (Foot Hills of Baralikaadu)... Drive 30 - 35 Kms to reach Baralikaadu (Drive Slowly , Driving in Hill road faster is dangerous)... For Booking Boating and for other activities : Contact : Aandavar ( ஆண்டவர்) - + 91 9047051011    It’s Hard to recall when I spent my weekend day in home and sleeping 22 Hours a day, rest of time just watching TV and eating...A tough question for me to answer!!! .Traveling, that too bike trip excites me a lot…Its gives me some kind Happiness. New people, new environment, unexpected things and so on. Balirrikaadu trip was one of them...It’s the first time for me traveling inside forest area in bike... This place has been in plan for a long time and plan used to get screwed up for some reasons... At last the mission accomplished on 4 th June 2011, Sai one of my colleag

Travel Light - Pack Smart

I tend to stuff more in the luggage back while going to hometown, traveling for a casual trip or business trip to other country. At the end I end up in wasting too much of energy in carrying the luggage where most of the stuffs will not used in the trip. So I started to explore the ways to optimize the luggage space and the stuff needs to go in to the luggage back which avoids burden. Wherever I read for alternate options it’s said “Travel light”. By traveling light, we end in carrying stuff which really needed for the trip and saving the fuel of the vehicle too… “What if someone puts a heavy load on your back and ask you to carry , U waste huge amount of energy , need energy drinks to replenish the body strength (Water , energy drinks) ..Same applies for vehicle, putting too much weight in car decreases the fuel efficiency and end in filling too much of petrol which takes too much of money from your pocket. For instance, If everyone traveling onsite “Travel Light”, more fuel w

A Girl in Candle Light..

  Six months ago when I was walking from office to home via bomanahalli road Bangalore, I saw a girl studying using a candle light... When I asked her why she is stressing her eyes by studying in candle light , she replied tomorrow I have exam and my house haven’t got the power for the past 3 hours.I offered her my Back up torch light and headed towards home.while walking towards the bus top I was thinking what could be the reason for the shortage of electricity in Bang.Is it because of politicians or because of the people who doesn’t care about how worth the electricity is.There is beautiful statement which most of the philosophers says...”If you want to change the people around you or the world,first you need to change”, it’s a worth quote and I follow it often.. After reaching home, I said about the incident to my wife and she said hey purusaa (Husband) why don’t you list of out the things where we are consuming unwanted power daily so that we reduce it where ever