Skip to main content

My First adoption.. “I have started the Adoption Process, How about you? “



Bangalore is becoming hotter these days, rare to find trees to stand for a while and relax. There is no place to plant a tree and the planted trees on sides of roads are dying due to lack of water. Is the way the world should be? Human selfishness is reaching its heights...I still feel guilty that, Why my bedroom has wooden cart and wooden cub board...

My home is five KM from office and I drive in cycle daily. Before reaching the office I sweat a lot and the food I had for breakfast would have been already digested... If the trees are available on the way, I would haven’t sweated a lot…That’s where I got any idea of adopting a road side plants which is onstage of dying without water and watering them daily on the way to office. I started with one and now adopted one more... 
I searched for a plant near my office and found one which is on the initial stage of life with few leaves popped out from stem, some are dried already and to check whether the plant still has life I scratched the steam with my thumb life and it showed green. I dedicated a plastic bottle (500 ml) for this plant and before going to bed daily I fill the bottle with kitchen waste water (No oil and detergent mixed water).If possible I will mix some cow manure and ash to it for nutrition. The first thing I do after waking up is , take the bottle and place in the cycle carrier otherwise there is a possibility I may forget.In the place where the plant is there, cab drivers used to chit chat there and throw plastic wrappers over there.. Even educated people litter these days why not these guys (Not a big deal) ..I just clean up and water the plant…On weekdays, the idea looked well but how about on weekends? Following drip irrigation Method. Fill the bottle with water on Friday night and leave it... It has been a month now I adopted this plant and it showed a good progress till now, hopefully by next year or two it will grow big and give shade to people.
 
Instead of me cursing the hotness of weather, I found a solution which will cure the hotness... Hope by next year hotness will not be more… 

“I have started the Adoption Process, How about you? “

Comments

  1. I liked your thinking of using Kitchen Waste water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buddy...
    Great intiative, ALL THE BEST.. I too will do my best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job... very innovative and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  4. how is the plant doing now?... can you post an update?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plant is growing well now.. Since its monsoon , no need to worry about watering much..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Idea Shanmuga. I think I can adopt one near my locality and spread awareness. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you want to donate your kidnney for money? We offer $500,000.00 USD (3 Crore India Rupees) for one kidnney,Contact us now urgently for your kidnney donation,All donors are to reply via Email only: hospitalcarecenter@gmail.com or Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baralikaadu - A Bike Ride in Forest...

  How To reach Baralikaadu : Take Coimbatore - Mettupalayam Road.. After Crossing Kaaramadai Temple take first left...Go further for 10 Kms and take the route goes to velaiyagkaadu (Foot Hills of Baralikaadu)... Drive 30 - 35 Kms to reach Baralikaadu (Drive Slowly , Driving in Hill road faster is dangerous)... For Booking Boating and for other activities : Contact : Aandavar ( ஆண்டவர்) - + 91 9047051011    It’s Hard to recall when I spent my weekend day in home and sleeping 22 Hours a day, rest of time just watching TV and eating...A tough question for me to answer!!! .Traveling, that too bike trip excites me a lot…Its gives me some kind Happiness. New people, new environment, unexpected things and so on. Balirrikaadu trip was one of them...It’s the first time for me traveling inside forest area in bike... This place has been in plan for a long time and plan used to get screwed up for some reasons... At last the mission accomplished on 4 th June 2011, Sai one of my colleag

Travel Light - Pack Smart

I tend to stuff more in the luggage back while going to hometown, traveling for a casual trip or business trip to other country. At the end I end up in wasting too much of energy in carrying the luggage where most of the stuffs will not used in the trip. So I started to explore the ways to optimize the luggage space and the stuff needs to go in to the luggage back which avoids burden. Wherever I read for alternate options it’s said “Travel light”. By traveling light, we end in carrying stuff which really needed for the trip and saving the fuel of the vehicle too… “What if someone puts a heavy load on your back and ask you to carry , U waste huge amount of energy , need energy drinks to replenish the body strength (Water , energy drinks) ..Same applies for vehicle, putting too much weight in car decreases the fuel efficiency and end in filling too much of petrol which takes too much of money from your pocket. For instance, If everyone traveling onsite “Travel Light”, more fuel w

A Girl in Candle Light..

  Six months ago when I was walking from office to home via bomanahalli road Bangalore, I saw a girl studying using a candle light... When I asked her why she is stressing her eyes by studying in candle light , she replied tomorrow I have exam and my house haven’t got the power for the past 3 hours.I offered her my Back up torch light and headed towards home.while walking towards the bus top I was thinking what could be the reason for the shortage of electricity in Bang.Is it because of politicians or because of the people who doesn’t care about how worth the electricity is.There is beautiful statement which most of the philosophers says...”If you want to change the people around you or the world,first you need to change”, it’s a worth quote and I follow it often.. After reaching home, I said about the incident to my wife and she said hey purusaa (Husband) why don’t you list of out the things where we are consuming unwanted power daily so that we reduce it where ever